How It Works
My Party is Over is a classified ads site designed especially for party supplies and decorations. You may be wondering how it works. In Short – Sellers post ads for FREE, and interested buyers contact sellers to arrange the purchase. It’s a great way to save money and throw amazing parties, and becoming a member is completely free – so join today!
1. Register for free account and start searching! You can find party supplies by clicking on the Browse ads tab. You can also go into the search field and type in the item you are specifically looking for.
2. Once you have found something you like, click on the listing and contact the seller/owner.
3. You can determine payment and shipping method with the seller/owner. Be sure to agree on a price, method of payment, and shipping. Paypal is our preferred method of payment. You can decide if you wish to have the item(s) insured.
4. You might consider meeting up with the seller, if you have found the owner is in your area, to avoid shipping costs. Be sure to meet somewhere public and safe.
You can edit, renew, and delete listings from your profile Dashboard; you’ll need to be logged in to access that page. Then click on the pencil to the right of the post listing. This will take you to the edit screen.
Sellers are required to register to validate their e-mail address with our website in order to avoid fraudulent listings and/or spam. Also, buyers need a way to contact you when interested in an item.
You can sell any leftover party decorations, supplies, party props, as long as they are party related! The items can be pre-owned, gently used, and/or new items. No damaged supplies/decorations, please.
First, you’ll need to sign up for membership- it’s free! Once you’ve signed up and are logged in, visit Post Your Ad and follow the easy, step-by-step instructions to describe your listing and upload photos. Once you confirm your listing, it’ll appear on the website immediately.
Potential buyers will email contact you via Private Message on the website. You’ll be notified of new Private Messages at the e-mail address you’re registered with.
If the party supplies/items are new, we suggest a 25-30% off discount off the retail price. If the item is gently used and still in good condition, we suggest a 50-60% off discount of the original price. Please do not post broken, damaged and/or stained items.
If you receive a message from a potential buyer, ask them if they are local. You can arrange to meet up somewhere public and safe, so the buyer can inspect the item you are trying to sell. If they don’t live close to you, find out where they live and estimate the shipping costs to the buyer
Once you’ve sold your item, you can delete from the website on your Dashboard. You’ll want to delete a sold listing as soon as possible to avoid getting messages about it.
The buyer should pay for shipping. We suggest to package your items carefully especially if it’s glass. We recommend to ship USPS priority mail and use the flat rate boxes to quote your shipping to the potential buyer. However, you may need to arrange shipping by taking your item to a Fed Ex, UPS or other to estimate shipping cost of the item you are trying to sell. We suggest that you discuss insuring the item with the buyer as well.
No. We ask that you request payment and arrange shipping directly with the buyer.
Yes, flexibility increases your chances of selling the items quickly.
Fraud can happen on classified websites. Be wary of suspicious buyer signs:
1. Offers more than the price you listed on the item
2. Requests to pay with a wire transfer, cashiers check, or mailing a personal check
3. Wants to pay with someone else’s name on a credit card or paypal account
Note: Do not give any bank account information and/or other personal information such as social security number, home address, etc.